What is a PhotoCard?
A PhotoCard allows you to personalize the way your credit card will look. You can upload your own image or choose from our image galleries. PhotoCard lets your card be as unique as you are!
Can my joint owner or additional user have a different photo on their card?
Yes. You can upload a unique photo to each card, but it is not required. When a PhotoCard is created, additional cardholders on the account can go in and create their own PhotoCard on the same day. If the other cardholders choose not to upload their own images on the same day, they will receive a reprint of their current card.
When will I get my new card?
Your new card will be mailed to you and will arrive within 1-2 weeks. You can continue using your current card until your PhotoCard arrives; destroy your old card once you receive and activate your new card.
Can I change my photo?
Yes. You can change your photo as many times as you wish.
Where does my digital photo need to be stored?
Your digital photo needs to be stored on your computer so you can upload it to the PhotoCard designer.
How will I know if my image is approved or denied?
You will receive an email confirmation.
What if my design is rejected?
We will be sure to notify you via email if your card isn't accepted. A simple change in the image you uploaded may be all it takes to get your card accepted. You will not be charged if your card is rejected.
Will there be a difference in how my new card works versus the old one?
No, your new card will work just like the previous one.
What format does the digital photo need to be in?
The photo needs to be a high resolution .JPG, TIFF, or .BMP.
What file size does my digital photo need to be?
Use a high quality image - the better your image, the better your final card will look. Low resolution photos, photos that are stretched, and dark photos will not print well. Images should be at least 480x480 pixels.
What images are acceptable?
Examples of unacceptable images include, but are not limited to, images that include or depict:
• Trademarks, logos, slogans, company names, copyrighted material or brands of any third party (including abbreviations, acronyms, logos or related symbols)
• Advertising or promotional material, or branded products
• Celebrities, actors, musicians, cartoons, politicians, professional sports teams or professional athletes
• Phone numbers, addresses, URL addresses, account numbers or Personal Identification Numbers (PINS)
• Images deemed provocative, sexual, violent, or otherwise offensive
• Nudity or semi-nudity
• Profanity or obscenities
• Alcohol, tobacco, firearms
• Images which show illegal or anti-social behavior
• Culturally insensitive images
• Images which display the opinions or beliefs of extreme political, religious, or socially unacceptable groups, (e.g. gangs, supremacy, etc.)
• Images that may interfere with the security features of the card
What kind of images work best for my PhotoCard?
To ensure your PhotoCard has the highest quality image, please take these suggestions into consideration:
• Use digital photography images that are taken in a daylight setting or with flash photography.
• Avoid images taken in low light.
• Use high-resolution images.
• Increasing the scale of a small picture may result in lower image clarity.
• Photos taken underwater can create unpredictable results.
• A dark background to a light foreground can create blurriness in the image. For example, photos that are taken in a low light room with a flash.
• Avoid images with fine detail and copy.
• Try not to use images that contain a lot of solid colors.